OBJECTIVE – ASSIST OTHERS IN IMPROVING WATER/WASTEWATER FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS FOR COMPLIANCE AT LOWEST POSSIBLE ENERGY AND CHEMICAL COST.
These programs are developed to assists communities in meeting the challenges of water/wastewater system compliance. Many of the facilities used for supplying potable water and treating wastewater within the Nueces River Basin were designed and constructed many years ago. Operating aging infrastructure to meet current regulatory requirements can be quite challenging. The Nueces River Authority (NRA) Utilities Operations Assistance Programs are designed to assist communities, and utility districts in meeting those challenges.
Our operators have the knowledge, experience and resources needed to work and consult with your current staff to improve system performance. Any issue you may have with respect to water and wastewater system such as loss of chlorine residuals, pumping, storage and distribution issues, or wastewater problems such as excessive wet weather flows, fats oils and grease issues in collection system piping, lift station and/or treatment problems our professionals are here to assist. Our organization, led by a Class “A” Water and Wastewater operator with over 40 years of water/wastewater experience has the operational and management knowledge, skills, and perspective to help you develop smart, proactive solutions to today’s regulatory issues.
NRA will assess your system and work with you to address needs and develop solutions. We can assist with project identification, planning, and financing to meet the needs and goals you set. We can then integrate our expertise in project management/administration and planning to create the best possible outcome for your community.
Several levels of assistance are offered, and if needed, we can design a custom package to assist you in meeting the required service parameters of your system.
The System Condition Assessment program is developed to assist those communities and water/wastewater systems that have facilities that need optimization assistance in complying or meeting demands. Communities needing this level of assistance commonly have licensed (Certified) Wastewater Operator(s) but need assistance to assess the infrastructure’s ability to meet parameters and optimize system operations to achieve consistent compliance. This program will also assess energy usage and offer recommendations to reduce electrical and chemical cost. Program includes:
1) Infrastructure Operation/Condition Assessment
2) Review of monthly reports
3) Review and comparison of energy and chemical cost.
4) Report to include recommendations for consistent compliance and lower cost.
5) This program can be tailored to include off-site Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) by
NRA’s trained operators.
The Operations Assistance program is developed to assist those communities and water/wastewater systems that have facilities needing assessment and optimization to consistently meet permitted parameters. Communities needing this level of assistance may or may not have licensed (Certified) Wastewater Operator(s) and the needed infrastructure to meet the demands and regulatory requirements. NRA will integrate our experience and knowledgeable operations professionals to assist with condition assessments and optimization plant operations to achieve consistent compliance. Our operators will provide site visits (at agreed intervals) to assist with operations, identify problems, probable future issues, and work with your operations personnel to develop effective and economic solutions. Program includes:
1) Infrastructure Condition Assessment
2) Review of monthly compliance reports
3) Review and comparison of energy cost for treatment and pumping.
4) Report including recommendations for consistent compliance and lower energy cost.
5) Train operations personnel in implementing operational recommendations.
6) Monthly, weekly follow up (as agreed) to assure optimization of operations.
7) Report to governing body after implementation.
8) Off-site SCADA monitoring and operations consulting can also be added to this program.
The Full-Service Operations program is developed for those wastewater utilities that are without a licensed (Certified) Water/Wastewater Operator(s). NRA’s licenses operators working under the guidance of NRA’s Class “A” Water and Wastewater Operator will operated your facility. NRA’s operations personnel will be at your facilities daily to observe the equipment and operate the system at optimized levels. This program can be tailored to include treatment facilities as well as the water distribution and the wastewater collection systems as well. Program includes:
1) Infrastructure Condition Assessment
2) Prepare and submit monthly compliance reports
3) Review and comparison of monthly energy and chemical cost.
4) Operate wastewater facilities at optimized levels to maintain consistent compliance at lowest possible
5) Provide monthly reports to city administration.
6) Implement continuous improvement program to assure optimization of operations.
7) Provide reports to Utility Administration on facilities operations and needs.
8) Assist Utility Administration with preparation of annual wastewater budget.
9) Provide financial guidance and assistance with rates and operations maintenance budget.